Michael Lewis focuses his practice on primarily on personal injury and employment litigation, representing injured individuals in both state and federal court. He is most experienced in the area of civil rights litigation, and advocates for victims of police excessive force and those wrongfully terminated due to discrimination or retaliation.
Michael graduated from Loyola Law School – Los Angeles with a concentration in Civil Litigation and Advocacy. At Loyola, Michael spent two years on the nationally ranked Byrne Trial Advocacy Team. During that time, Michael and fellow EL&L attorney Eric Bell competed in the Tournament of Champions, which brings together the top 16 ranked teams in the country, and placed 2nd. After that, Michael and Eric competed against over 300 other law schools in the National Trial Competition. After placing 1st in their Regional tournament, they traveled to Texas to compete in the National tournament, where they advanced to the National Finals and placed 2nd in the country. Upon graduation, Michael received the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
Michael is originally from Huntsville, Alabama, and attended college at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. At Wake Forest, he studied German and chemistry and graduated with honors. After college, Michael received a US Fulbright Scholarship and spent a year living and working in Dresden, Germany. Michael speaks fluent German, and in his free time he enjoys soccer, running, and the outdoors.
Areas of Practice
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA, 2014, J.D.
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, 2009, B.A. cum laude
- California, 2014
- Abandonment Issues: What to Do When an Insurance Carrier Denies Coverage and Refuses to Defend. - Pincus Professional Education, 2015
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Honors and Awards
- National Finalist, National Trial Competition, 2014
- ABOTA Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2014
- Robinson Trial Advocacy Scholar, 2014
- National Finalist, Tournament of Champions Trial Competition, 2013
- Member, Byrne Trial Advocacy Team, 2012-2014
- Fulbright Scholar, Germany, 2009-2010
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member