Ann A. Howitt
Member, Since 1997
Ann Howitt is a California lawyer with 20 years of experience in civil litigation matters. While at Engstrom, Lipscomb & Lack since 1998, she has worked extensively on complex multi-plaintiff mass tort litigation. She also has experience in other areas of litigation, including products liability, employment and securities. Ms. Howitt’s practice has included appellate work including the published appellate opinion Baker-Hoey v. Lockheed Martin Corp. (2003) 111 Cal.App.4th 592. Prior to working at Engstrom, Lipscomb & Lack, Ms. Howitt clerked for the Honorable Michael Farrell and the Honorable Leon Kaplan of the Los Angeles Superior Court. Ms. Howitt received her J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law. She received her undergraduate degree in English Literature from Bennington College. Ms. Howitt is a member of CAALA and CAOC.
Areas of Practice
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, 1993, J.D.
- Moot Court Honors Program
- Phillip Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Participant
- Vanderbilt Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition Participant
- Bennington College, Bennington, VT, 1981, B.A.
- California, 1993
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Notable Past Positions
- Hon. Leon S. Kaplan and the Hon. Michael J. Farrell of the L.A. Superior Court, Judicial Clerkship, 1996-1997
- State Bar of California, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Irish-American Bar Association, Member
- Women's Law Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member